Blessed Sacrament Preschool focuses on making the child's first school experience a positive one. We offer the children a safe and loving environment where they can develop a positive self-concept as they interact with the teacher and each other. We have a structured setting where the children learn through play as well as through a variety of hands-on activities, music and movement, large and small group instruction, and SmartBoard technology.
We use the Rowland Reading Foundation's Happily Ever After series with our four-year old classes. This program focuses on oral language and vocabulary, listening skills, direction following, and fine motor skills. We use the RCL curriculum, Stories of God's Love, for our religion program but also incorporate religious concepts and values in all we do throughout the day. We also present social and scientific fun, language and math skills, motor skills, reasoning skills, and opportunities for social and emotional development. Praying together and developing sensitivity to the feelings and needs of others are important steps toward developing Christian attitudes in children and are an important part of our preschool program.
Class & Fee Schedule for 2016/2017
3 year olds - Tuesday/Thursday - 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - $1,000/year
4 year olds - Monday/Wednesday/Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - $1,300/year
4 year olds - Monday-Friday - follows the K-8 school schedule- 8:00 a.m - 3:00 p.m. - $3,900/year
(The snack/photo fee that has been charged in the past is now included in the price of tuition.)
- Children must be 3 or 4 years old, respectively, by September 1st of the school year.
- Children must be toilet-trained in order to enroll in the program.
- The preschool follows the Blessed Sacrament School calendar regarding breaks, holidays, etc.
- Arrival time for half-day preschool is between 7:45 and 8:00 for morning classes. Dismissal time is 11:00 a.m. for morning and 3:00 p.m. for afternoon.
- A health physical within the past year, including lead screening, is required for each child enrolling in the program. These are due by October 15th. Please let us know if your child has any food allergies.
- To hold a child's place in a preschool classroom, payment for the first month is due with registration and is non-refundable.
Preschool registration begins in March with a call-in to put your child's name on the classroom list. This call-in date will be advertised on this website, in our parish bulletin, and in our school newsletters. The following will be required for registration -
$75 registration fee & the first month's tuition payment
New student form
Certified birth certificate & copy of baptismal certificate
Physical form (due October 15)