We are aware that the financial investment in a Catholic education can place severe financial burdens on many families who often make great sacrifice, under difficult circumstances, to provide quality education for their children.
To be eligible for tuition assistance, students and their families must demonstrate financial need as well as a desire for a Catholic education. To achieve and maintain eligibility for tuition assistance, the following guidelines must be met:
- The student and family must be involved in the parish life as evidenced by attendance at Mass and regular parish giving.
- The student’s conduct, attitude and attendance must be in accordance with BSS standards.
- The family must complete and submit the FACTS Grant & Aid Application and fee to FACTS by the established deadline.
- New applications for tuition assistance must be completed each year; tuition assistance will not be automatically renewed.
- Required service hours must be completed or a waiver requested by the established due date.
- Families who apply for assistance must still make payments, based on their balance, following one of the payment options offered.
Failure to meet any of the above guidelines may jeopardize the application for tuition assistance.
Those who feel they are unable to meet the financial commitment and who fulfill the obligations above should indicate on their registration form that they will need a paper application or will be applying online at www.factstuitionaid.com. Families who complete an application by the deadline should receive a letter by the end of May stating the required tuition due.